 |
| Hours old vs 3.5 weeks old |
Today marks four weeks since our sweet baby James was born. Saturday will be his one month birthday! The last four weeks have flown by faster than any other time in my life...but at the same time it feels like it has been much longer than just four weeks since he came into our world. We've all taken a bazillion pictures and it's crazy how much this tiny human has changed in just four weeks! He almost looks like an entirely new human!
James weighed 9 pounds 11 ounces when he saw the doctor on Monday, July 7th. He weighed 7 pounds when we left the hospital so he has gained more than 2.5 lbs since he came home! I was shocked when the number showed up on the scale! This is a big deal because weight gain is one of the most important signs of how he's doing...you know, at life. :-) Although we've been working through some nursing issues and possibly a dairy sensitivity (not uncommon in these little guys,) he seems to be doing okay! His one month well check is next Thursday and I'm excited to see how it goes!
One of the best parts of the last month has been the time spent with family and friends. We are fortunate to have Kevin's family so close and to have had my mom stay with us for a couple of weeks! We've also seen a lot of other family, including aunts, uncles, great-aunts and uncles, cousins, a second cousin and even a first cousin, once removed (had to google that!) And today, my family from Ohio arrives to meet James. He'll get to meet his only living Great Grandma along with Great Aunt Linda and my cousin (his first-cousin-once-removed) Kacie. My grandma hasn't traveled this far in a very long time so we are honored and excited to see her! There have also been so many friends who have called, visited and dropped off food. Thank you so much for being there for us! I am excited for James to get bigger and more portable (but not too quickly) so we can get out and see everyone again!
 |
| Hanging at the park with Nana & Aunt Liz |
 |
| Lunch with Aunt Laney |
 |
| Surprise visit and dinner from Aunts Ashley, Gretchen and Jennifer |
 |
| Hanging with the cousins |
 |
| Hanging by the pool with Uncle Jeff |
I have been kind of punchy, a tad worried and a teeny tiny bit tired the last month. :-) So an even bigger thank you to our family and friends who have helped out and been there for us. Especially our moms and Aunt Liz. I don't know how we would have made it to this point without you. As the saying goes, it takes a village!
Remember those bazillion photos I mentioned? I don't know what to do with them yet. Back in the day, our parents took the film to be developed and put the photos in albums. Is that still what parents do? Anyone have any ideas? I guess I'll have to figure it out before my iCloud storage gets full!
No comments:
Post a Comment