Monday, September 15, 2014

Do Not Be Anxious


We studied Matthew 6:25-34 in Sunday School yesterday. This passage was one of the first I ever highlighted and memorized. Although I'm sure many people can say the same thing, it has always spoken to me no matter where I am in my life. You see, I am a type-A worry wart perfectionist. My mom loves to tells stories about how I'd stress over assignments in elementary school. And you should see my results from those personality profiles you do at office team building events. It has improved over the years but the very first one I ever did basically said I am detail-oriented under the best of circumstances but turn into an anxious annoying rigid perfectionist when stressed. Fun times, right. But the good news is that I know these things about myself which is why this passage is so great. 

Now that I'm responsible for another human being I have so much more to worry about. I lay awake as we speak wondering why my munchkin won't sleep and why he's been so fussy and wiggly lately. Is it the little bit of blood that showed up in his diapers again? Maybe it's just a growth spurt (another one!?) or could it be something more serious?

It's easy to pray about what worries me but so much harder to just leave it in God's hands and stop worrying. One thing that has always given me perspective is to recognize how blessed we truly are. So many people have true hardships that they are dealing with that make my worries so insignificant. But what I forget about is how insignificant all things are compared to what God promises us.  So do me a favor and gently remind me next time I am worrying over the little things. :-)



One thing I've discovered over the last three months is that my ability to handle stress and anxiety is greatly affected by the amount of sleep I get. So I'm going to try to get a little bit of shut eye before it's time to snuggle with my munchkin again. 

I leave you with a quote from one of my favorites Disney flicks. Goodnight friends. 


Source: http://www.agirlandagluegun.com/2012/03/oh-walti-love-you-aka-disney-printables.html 
Lots of great Disney quotes there! 


You're singing the song now, aren't you?! :-) 

1 comment: