We have been working on completing the nursery for a couple of months now. So many of our family and friends have had a part in it. We definitely could not have done all this work without them!
![]() |
| finished closet |
And by "we" I mean everyone but me! Thank you so much to my dad, Jeff and Adriana for helping us that weekend. I don't have many pics but they were all covered in dust most of the weekend!
Then, as you can see from the last pic, we still needed to paint the walls. After sampling WAY too many different shades of grey, I finally picked one out. Aunt Sue and Mama Judy volunteered to do the painting for us but I'm not sure if they realized what they were getting themselves into. Not only did the walls need painting, but so did the ceiling, closet, trim, closet doors and two regular doors! And because the old paint was peeling from the frame and the doors were unpainted wood, I wanted to use the hard core oil based primer on all the doors and trim. That stuff is pretty intense. Still, Aunt Sue and Judy spent several days getting it done and I love how it turned out. Judy even helped Kevin paint the rest of the trim and doors in the hallway!
![]() |
| Kevin looks super happy to be painting! |
Once the paint was dry, it was time for furniture! Our buddy Rusty Ray helped Kevin get it all moved into the freshly painted nursery. Now we just have to decide on how to arrange it. Once we get it arranged, we can start putting up decorations and all the final touches. And I'll just throw it out there...decorating is not my forte (any of you who have been in my home probably already know that) so whoever wants to help, you're welcome anytime! LOL
Thank you so very much to everyone who has helped us so far!





No comments:
Post a Comment