Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chucktown and Jill's visit

Several weeks ago we spent Kevin's birthday weekend at his parents' condo on Folly Beach. It was the last weekend of April and the weather turned out to be awesome! We got to hang with Brandon and Brittany Edge (and their entourage) on Friday night. It's always fun to see them! Saturday morning Brian Baxter offered to take Ken and Kevin out fishing so the guys got to spend some QT out on the water. They caught a beautiful sunrise but unfortunately did not catch much else! :-( 




While they were out, I treated myself to a prenatal massage. Afterward, Kevin met me for some beach (aka) nap time. Then I hung out by the pool reading a good book while he took the boat out for a ride. We were planning to have an amazing last hoorah dinner at a nice restaurant in downtown Charleston that night but we were both just too tired. We decided to hit up our favorite spot on Folly instead: Taco Boy.  It was really hard to leave our favorite town the next day! At least we knew we'd be back in a couple of weeks!  

Catching a nap on the beach



The next weekend my best friend, Jill, flew in from DC to spend the weekend with us. My favorite part about seeing Jill (other than seeing Jill) is that we can spend months apart then when we do see each other it's like we haven't been apart at all. We just chilled all weekend basically doing nothing and it was the best. Jill did tag along at our maternity photo session on Saturday evening. We just got the photos back and they are really great. Carrie Rogers took some really amazing shots out at Aunt Laney's property. She did an especially good job editing the photos to make me look way better than I could possibly look at 36 weeks pregnant! Seriously. Check them out here: 
Carrie Rogers Photography: Caldwell Maternity Session. I wish Jill and I had taken some pictures while she was here. If we did, she has them....Jill - send me pics from your visit!


The next weekend we headed back down to Charleston to see Alabama live at the Family Circle center on Daniel Island. The tickets were a birthday present to Kevin and Ken from their kickass wives.  So we headed to Charleston without the boat for the first time in a long time.  We got some QT in with Ken and Hope all weekend. Friday night was dinner at their old place then Saturday we got to check out the new Casa de Caldwell! LOVE the new place and are so excited for K&H to start this new phase of their life there. Saturday night we all rocked it out at Alabama and I have to say I hung with the best of them. It was hot, I was surrounded by drunk old school country music fans stomping on the bleachers and I had to walk from the top level to the lower every time I needed to use the restroom.  Trooper....just saying. Baby C was pretty reactive to the music which was cool to feel! Uncle Ken was very excited that Alabama was Baby C's first concert. 

Ready to hear Alabama play us some country music...like grandma and grandpa used to play

I'm not sure how I managed to look like the drunk one in this picture...

Free N.A. drinks for being DD...but also needed the wristband to get drinks for my man. 

The next day was Mother's Day and we headed back early so we could see all of our madres.  Kevin and I stopped in Columbia to spend some time with his Godmother, Lynn Cleckler. Then we got to spend a couple of hours with my mom at her house. I'm pretty sure that my mom pipes nap juice through her vents.....even Kevin napped at her house and he never naps. Thanks for the pit stop, Mom! That evening we made it back home in time to do a low country boil for Mama Judy and Elizabeth. The guys handled the dinner and we dined al fresco on the deck overlooking the lake. Too bad we didn't get any pictures with our moms either. One of the points of starting the blog was to do a better job of taking pics but we still forget. 

We have a couple more updates to come. Hopefully I can get them all in before baby arrives. I can't wait to post about the baby shower and hopefully the baby won't be too far after!  




No comments:

Post a Comment